Saturday, December 27, 2008

christmas.

still ring-less.  but i did get a fly fishing rod and a j. crew gift card.  while both of those things were very nice gifts, they were definitely not what i wanted...needless to say, i did a lot of crying (although i tried SO hard not to) and i know brad felt awful.  we had a good talk about it that night - he said that sometimes he's stubborn without knowing he's stubborn, and he really had it in his mind the way things would go financially before he bought a ring.  i'm pretty sure he even teared up when i saw how heartbroken i was.  at the end of the night, he asked me to not lose my excitement over getting engaged (i never thought it would be after Christmas that it would happen), and told me that it was coming, and coming very soon.  and i'll tell you what - brad is not a man of empty promises.  he won't say NOTHIN' if he doesn't mean it.  

so...i guess we'll keep waiting, right?  

2 comments:

Puttin' On The GRITS said...

Hang in there! He wants to be in the right place so y'all won't have anything to burden your engagement and marriage...it's a good thing!

Alyssa said...

I've been reading for awhile, but never commented. I saw this post and was so excited for you! I' keeping my fingers crossed for you!