Wednesday, October 29, 2008

changes

this time last year, i was in Paris celebrating my 26th birthday, and it was very, very amazing.



this year, i was in an itty bitty town in the USA and it was very, very wonderful. but it was different. it was the first birthday of my life when i've woken up alone - although my dad called me at 6am to wish me happy birthday - and last night, Brad came over, we had dinner and fell asleep on the couch for 3 hours! on my birthday. we managed to go out for an after-dinner drink at my favorite restaurant/bar, then stopped at Wal-mart so i could pick up some trouser socks. i know, i know. sometimes i can't believe my life, either.

i think what was so different for me was that it was such a quiet, reserved day. i'm used to having all my girlfriends around to take me out for it, to decorate our apartment, throw me a party...and this year was on the absolute other end of the spectrum. i was telling that to Brad and he gets this little smile on his face and says, "Well, you are 27 now." birthdays were never a big deal for him :) don't get me wrong - the day was not bad by any stretch. i got a huge cake at work, went to lunch with Brad's momma, and spent the evening with my favorite person in the world.

but i got some great stuff this past weekend in the Cities (Mpls/St Paul). my birthday gift from Brad, i got it in black -


and i picked up these incredible, life-changing jeans from my favorite store -



and got to see my Minneapolis best friend, Bobbie :)



in my mind....being with your best friend and boyfriend beats out being in Paris any day.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

I would have to agree you had a most perfect birthday! I'm crossing my fingers that my 28th birthday is a lot like your 27th :)

Bobbie said...

I am glad we could be together!! I am so happy you liked your gift!! love ya!