Sunday, August 24, 2008

seriously...

moving.is.EXPENSIVE. it's actually ridiculously expensive....i can't get over how much freaking money i keep spending, and most of it - okay, maybe not these - have been absolutely necessary things, like a blow dryer, iron, painting supplies, shower curtain, bath towels...the list is endless. and when it's your very first real home, you want it to be nice and not the typical college-style-i-bought-this-at-target theme. not that there's anything wrong at ALL with target, cause Lord knows i love me some Thomas O'Brien, but suddenly, everything in the Pottery Barn catalog just beckons me to own it....

note: please refer back to the post detailing my breakdown over my lack of finances. thank you.


anyway. i'm finally starting to think about getting into this whole photography thing, cause i really do enjoy it and i hear all the time that i should do something with my photos, even though i'm at a loss at what to do with them. take baby pictures? childrens? engagement? i don't know. i just know i know some more money in the bank...

the house is starting to look more like a home. the living room is all done and looks absolutely amazing, the bathroom is done and looks great, the hallway is almost done, my room is...eh (i told Brad that my last priority is my bedroom since i now have my own entire home to decorate), and the kitchen and dining room remain untouched. the kitchen will be started tomorrow - painting it 'duckling', a sweet, bright yellow - and the dining room paint color remains a mystery, since i can't seem to pick the right shade of green for the stupid room. gone through two colors in two weeks, and they both looked like the inside of an ugly Easter egg. i'm shooting for a moss green...and if i get my brave britches on i might just try a (lighter) rust orange color...

reason no. 9540 i love living in a small town: the woman ringing me up at Wal-Mart tonight struck up a conversation with me about the crock pot i was purchasing, and being new in town. when i took my purchases to leave, she informed me that she would be visiting me at the bank this week. the kicker? i believed her.

1 comment:

Christina said...

Oh Seanna! I just love reading your blogs! you are so real and genuine, I can hear you saying what you write! I love all the stories you share about fixing up your house! I'm excited to come and visit in a year! By then, your house will be a home, and it will be looking so shabby chic!