Monday, January 25, 2010

can i call in sick today?

Does anybody else ever have days where you would give your left arm [i'm a leftie and that would be an easy sacrifice some days] to just NOT go into work? I like my job, but trying to get myself motivated on a Monday morning - especially after the weekend went way too fast - is just plain hell.

The weekend was good for us. Friday night we had a birthday party for Brad's younger brother at their parent's house, which is always nice. It's fun getting together with his family, considering there's usually 5 rambunctious guys [ages 13-27], Brad's parents and myself. Saturday, Brad worked all day long while I cleaned all day long...and discovered that our dishwasher is broken, which is a serious problem. i.hate.washing.dishes. let's all say a prayer my cheapskate landlord will fix it!

Yesterday I spent $135 on groceries. Still not sure how THAT happened, because I seriously bought the same stuff I always do. I think Wal-Mart is slowly raising their prices. I even got my meal plan figured out for the week in hopes that it would save some money on groceries! I'm hoping that even though I spent about $30-$50 more than I usually do that I won't have to go back to the store 2 and 3 times this week.

We don't have too much coming up in the next couple weeks...however, Brad is skiing the American Birkebeiner, which is a huge cross country ski race. It's like, 50-some kilometers? We've got a few friends coming up from Minneapolis for it, so I'm super excited. The population in town increases by a few thousand people that weekend, so it's a fun place to be.

also...new favorite blog! Peeptoe Pumps and Pearls

Alright...I'm going to have one more cup of coffee and then drag myself into the shower. Have a great Monday!!

2 comments:

connie said...

Um her first page has a photo with Chuy's on it! You've got good taste in blogs, Seanna! That's my favorite restaurant of all time!

Jill said...

Thanks for the nice comment about my blog. I just became of follower of your blog... so cute and I'm excited to follow you.

I totally agree about Mondays. I wish I had every Monday off, oh and maybe every Friday too.